The Chord Poly Wireless Streaming Module for Mojo DAC headphone amplifier.m Poly is a portable music streamer/player that combines with Mojo to wirelessly stream from connected devices and playback from its Micro SD, all with smartphone control. It enables hi-fi sound quality at home or on-the-go, with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay and network connectivity and upgrades headphone, car and home audio performance
The innovative team at Chord Electronics is changing our portable listening experiences with the new Chord Poly. When connected to the Chord Mojo digital to analog converter (DAC) the Poly is a “fully fledged” high resolution wireless network music player, streamer, SD card playback device with high-resolution wireless playback controlled by your smartphone.
Poly is a revolutionary music streamer, the first of its kind in the world. When partnered with Mojo, it enables music streamed from a range of wirelessly connected devices to be enjoyed in the best possible sound quality, whether at home or on the go. Poly is also a music player: its unlimited-capacity Micro SD card slot can house huge libraries and liberate storage on smart devices. Full smartphone control using everyday apps enables effortless music playback whether streaming or playing music from the Micro SD.
Poly directly connects to Mojo’s award-winning audio processing (DAC) technology dramatically improving the audio quality of streamed music. Its advanced design enables everyday devices, including Android and Apple smartphones/tablets, to become portable ‘hi-fi-quality’ digital audio players: the smartphone becomes the controller, with Poly and Mojo doing the high-level audio processing. Poly can also be used with computers and laptops, plus it can access networked audio stored on NAS drives using popular DLNA apps. Playback is via Mojo’s twin headphone outputs, plus home and in-car audio systems with auxiliary (AUX) inputs can also benefit from improved sound quality.
Poly connects to Wi-Fi networks, including mobile hotspots when on the go, and remembers multiple networks with its auto-connect functionality. It also benefits from Bluetooth 4.1, AirPlay and DLNA connectivity, offering uninterrupted music streaming when transitioning from indoors to outdoors. Poly also features its own hotspot mode, enabling a connection where devices, networks or countries do not facilitate tethering. Its rechargeable LiPo batteries offer up to nine hours of playback from a four-hour charge using the device’s fast-charging USB circuit; both Poly and Mojo can be charged simultaneously.
Poly is high-resolution audio-compatible, with support for the latest studio-quality files; PCM data up to 768kHz resolution and DSD64 to DSD256 (Quad-DSD). Supported file types include ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3.
Poly - Wireless Streaming Module (for Mojo) - Chord Electronics
The current Poly firmware version is: 1.0.10
- Portable streamer/player that combines with Mojo
- Wireless streaming from connected devices at home or on-the-go
- Built-in unlimited-capacity Micro SD card slot for music library storage/playback
- Control via familiar smartphone apps
- Upgrades sound quality from headphones, in-car systems, home audio and more
- Empowers smartphones as ‘hi-fi quality’ portable digital audio players
- Chord Electronics’ award-winning sound quality for streamed and Micro SD music
- Connects via Wi-Fi 2.4GHz (for optimum stability)
- Rechargeable LiPo 2200mAh battery: 9-hour + playtime and fast-charging via USB
- Playback support: Roon, DNLA, AirPlay and Bluetooth 4.1
- Precision-machined aluminium casing with black anodisation, opaque black wireless signal window and silicone feet
- Support for all major file types including: ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3
- High-resolution audio-compatible: PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz,717.6kHz and 768kHz; DSD via DoP sample rates: DSD64 – DSD256 (Quad-DSD); DSD from SD card
- Devices supported: iPhone, iPad, Android phones/tablets, Windows and Mac OS X computers and DAPs
- Dimensions: 50mm (L) x 62mm (W) x 22mm (H)
- Over-the-air software updates
- Hotspot mode: Poly can create its own hotspot where networks/devices/countries don’t support tethering
- Integrated Access Point: allows configuration of connected networks (up to 32)
- DLNA server and renderer (SD card); SMB Server (SD card); MPD player (SD Card)
- 9 Hour Battery Life
- Bluetooth A2DP Connectivity
- WiFi 2.4gHz Connectivity
- Airplay Connectivity
- Micro SD Card Storage (MPD)
- Roon Ready
- DLNA Compatible
- Supports up to 768kHz
- DSD512 (8x) Capable
- DSD via DoP
- Solid Aluminium Chassis