The Chord 2Qute DAC is a new super-DAC for 2015 with class-leading specifications, outstanding technical measurements and proven sonic performance. It advances the award-winning Qute EX DAC with the latest Hugo specifications. Using the same technology found within Hugo, the multi-award-winning portable DAC, 2Qute offers a simple, compact and affordable standalone solution for your two-channel system.
2Qute Key Features:
- Coax, optical and USB digital inputs with input switch
- Galvanically isolated Class 2 USB input up to 384kHz
- Driverless operation on Apple and Android devices; drivers supplied for Windows
- Support for up to 32-bit/384kHz audio via coax and USB, and 24-bit/192kHz via optical
- DSD64 supported on all inputs, DSD128 supported via coax or USB input (all via DoP)
- Source and sample rate indication/illumination
- 12V 0.5A power supply provide
The 2Qute is our entry level ”straight’ DAC (no headphone amp) and is an evolutionary product which has scooped a number of press awards in recent years. The 2Qute is undoubtedly a super-DAC for the modern age and features class-leading specification, outstanding technical measurements and proven sonic performance.
The 2Qute advances our much-loved Qute EX DAC with Hugo specification. Essentially a Hugo in a Chordette chassis, it brings the latest FPGA DAC technology into an affordable home-system-orientated unit. 2Qute contains the same high-performance Spartan 6 FPGA that has enabled Hugo to redefine the DAC genre since its launch. The 2Qute also boasts astonishingly low distortion levels of 0.0003%.
The 2Qute offers support for up to 32-bit/384kHz audio via coax and USB, and 24-bit/192kHz over optical. DSD64 is supported on all inputs and DSD128 is supported via coax or USB (all via DoP). The unit also gains a handy switch to easily move between coax, optical and USB digital inputs.
The device features a Class 2 USB input which, because of the 2Qute’s home-system orientation compared to Hugo’s more mobile aspirations, has been galvanically isolated for greater sonic performance. This has been achieved using a novel technique which allows for very high data rates of up to 384kHz; the input is driverless on Apple and Android devices, with (ASIO included) drivers for Windows devices.
2Qute - Digital to Analogue Converter - Chord Electronics
2 Qute DAC Specifications
- Harmonic Distortion:103 dBV
- Frequency Response:118dBV
- DAC:Chord's FPGA
- SRC:Chord's FPGA
- Resolution:32 Bit
- Maximum Sampling Frequency:384kHz
- Digital Coaxial Input:1
- Digital Optical Input:1
- Digital USB Input:1
- Asynchronous USB Data:No
- Wireless Input:Yes
- RCA Output:1
- Dimensions (WxHxD mm):160x70x40
- 3 years
- Output: 3v RMS 1kHz
- Dynamic range: -119dB A Wt
- THD: 0.0003% at 3v RMS 1kHz; 0.0002% at 2v RMS 1kHz
- Crosstalk: 126dB 1kHz
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.1dB 20-20kHz